Welcome to all the new families and welcome back to the families returning to Frostwood this year! Frostwood is where our children attend school, but it is also our community. And as part of that community, the PTA supports the children, the teachers and school, and the families as we come together at one of the most exceptional schools in the area!
Last year, the PTA brought +Works (“Positive Works”) to Frostwood and you will see more as it continued this year. +Works (www.positivethinkingworks.org) is more than anti-bullying, it is about changing issues troubling a community, and doing it in a positive way. Though last year’s student and parent surveys, the areas concerning our children and concerning us the most are being addressed, so watch for signs with “+” and talk to your children about what it means to them. One area the PTA will focus on is bringing parents together as we support our campus.
We have created two “Tiger Tips” this year; one for general Frostwood information and the second for the Frostwood PTA. If you are new to the school, or would like to brush up on your Frostwood information, you can find both on the Frostwood PTA website. As you look through the Tiger Tips for the PTA, you are encouraged to contact me or refer to the list of Committee Chairs (also on the PTA website) with any questions about these initiatives or events, or to join us!
As we start this year, a please take a few minutes to complete some important tasks for your family:
- Find your Back to School Checklist with links to all the important forms to complete on the right side of this page.
- Complete the “Big Form” by Tuesday, September 1st. The Big Form gives you one place to join the PTA, purchase extra school directories, buy your required field trip shirt, join the Newcomer’s Network, participate in underwriting, and more. And as a side note, we are focused on 100% participation in PTA underwriting this year. Please make a contribution of any amount. These funds support our PTA budget to pay for field trips, cultural arts programs, and events on campus, author visits and books for the library, materials for the literacy library and classrooms, technology for the campus, professional development and classroom items for the teachers. All of our children benefit every day from the funds and support of the PTA, but to do that, we need your funds and support too!
- Update your directory information. You will receive a separate email from the Directory chairs with a specific link to update your family’s information. Please look for this email and complete this information so your family’s information will be included in the directory!
- Register to be a volunteer at volunteer.springbranchisd.com. Spring Branch ISD requires all volunteers on campus to have registered first with the district each year. It is fast and easy!
- Volunteer on campus! We already have many opportunities to volunteer on campus, with more to come throughout the year. Click on the Volunteer Signup link and sign up today!
- Sign-up to receive “Tiger Tales.” Tiger Tales is the PTA’s weekly emailed newsletter and calendar of campus news and events. You may sign up on the Big Form or anytime through the link on the PTA website.
- Purchase your yearbook. Use the link on the PTA website to purchase your yearbook through balfour.com. Yearbook purchases are not on the Big Form.
Return to the PTA website often during the year! This is your child’s school and it is your community. Enjoy the last few days of summer and I look forward to seeing everyone on campus this year!